If you are looking for accommodation in Athens here we will talk about the best areas to sleep, the best hotels and apartments recommended to fully enjoy your vacation in Athens.
Best Areas to Stay in Athens
Athens is a large city, quite visited and in some ways chaotic. The positive side is lower prices compared to other cities in Europe. So if you want to enjoy your vacation, it is best to stay in the neighborhoods of the historic center of Athens. They can walk through the historic center without having to take the means of transport, live the night and day in the best way. Let’s see the best family hotels Athens.
1. – Syntagma Square
One of the emblematic squares of Athens, central, with easy access to the metro, buses and private car. Excellent for walking and visiting the historic center of Athens. Among the main attractions of this area Syntagma Square, Jewish Museum of Greece, Zappio National Gardens, Syntagma Metro Station, Zoumboulakis Galleries, Mikro Pallas Theater, Palla Theater, Adrianou Street, Anafiotika, Monastiraki Square, Acropolis, Parthenon, Ermou Street , Kolonaki Square, Goulandris Cyclades Art Museum, Benaki Museum, among others.
The entire area adjacent to Syntagma Square offers many bars and restaurants, typical and international businesses, it is an ideal area to get to know the main monuments of Athens. It is an area that is very safe even at night.
2. – Monastiraki
One of the most picturesque areas or neighborhoods to stay in Athens: Monastiraki. Famous for its lively market, it is one of the most tourist spots in Athens, full of tourists practically at all hours. Surrounded by small typical shops, markets, bars and restaurants, it is an ideal area to go out at night, eat on a terrace or in the open and enjoy your holidays. Taste excellent food and good company, music and typical sweets. In the end, one of the most characteristic neighborhoods to sleep in Athens.
The Monastiraki neighborhood is the best option to sleep in Athens if you love walking, life, fun and having the city’s tourist attractions very close. Not suitable if you like silence and tranquility. Before booking read the comments very well.
Among the main attractions of the Monastiraki area we can mention: Monastiraki Square, Athens Gallery, Adrianou Street, Greek Orthodox Cathedral, Pandora Gallery, Roman Agora, Andronikos Horologion, Monastiraki Train Station, Anafiotika, Acropolis, Ermou Street, Parthenon, Syntagma Metro Station, Odeon de Herod Penthouse, Omonia Square, Kolonaki Square, Goulandris Cyclades Art Museum, Benaki Museum.
Best Hotels to Sleep in Athens
Athens offers a large number of hotels and apartments to sleep and stay during your holidays. I recommend especially in low season to verify prices and offers in hotels 5, 4, and 3 stars, as they are usually quite convenient, much more than other European capitals.
If you want a truly unforgettable holiday, with all the luxuries and beauty of Athens, it is best to stay in a 5 star hotel. Luckily Athens is one of the most economical European capitals, and during the low or mid-season you can find excellent prices for 5 star hotels than 4 star hotels.
- Electra Metropolis 5 stars – Luxury and modernity, with a swimming pool overlooking Partenón, an internal pool and SPA center.
- Electra Palace Athens 5 stars – In the heart of Athens, with panoramic pool and SPA center. Excellent restaurant.
- Divani Palace Acropolis 5 stars – Elegant, with panoramic terrace and outdoor pool.
Best 5 Star Hotel in Athens Greece
For an unforgettable holiday, with incredible views, modern rooms and all the services that a 4-star hotel can offer, here are the best 5 star hotel in Athens Greece:
- The Zillers Boutique Hotel 4 stars – Excellent views, luxury, position and services.
- Herodion Hotel 4 stars – Excellent location, with open-air hot tubs with panoramic views.
- O&B Athens Boutique Hotel 4 stars – In the Psiri area, in the historic center of Athens. Modern with spacious rooms.
- Emporikon Athens Hotel 4 stars – Modern, near the Acropolis a few meters from the Monastiraki metro station.
Best 3 Star Hotels in Athens
If you are looking for 3-star accommodation here you can find the ones that I consider best for quality, location, views and prices:
- Attalos Hotel 3 stars – Excellent location overlooking the Parthenon.
- Plaka Hotel 3 stars – Beautiful rooms, excellent location and views of the Acropolis.
- Best Western Plus Amazon Hotel 3 stars – A few steps from Syntagma Square, modern and comfortable rooms.
- Acropolis Museum Boutique Hotel 3 stars – Between Acropolis and Plaka, excellent value for money.
Best Apartments to Sleep in Athens
Sleeping in the Apartment is the best option if you are traveling as a family and want more comfort. It is also ideal to save eating at home, making market in a local supermarket. Let’s see the best apartments to sleep in the center of Athens:
- Acropolis Luxury Suite – Spacious, bright apartment with 3 rooms for 6 people. Near the temple of Olympian Zeus, a few meters from the New Acropolis Museum and the Parthenon.
- Athens-Plaka, Peter’s House – Comfortable apartment for 4 people. A room. Excellent location.
- Acropolis Neoclassical Mansion – Apartment for 6 people with 2 rooms. Elegant, comfortable and well located.
- Prime Team Apartments – 2 Apartments for 4 people. Comfortable, with good location.
- Best Views of Athens – Small Apartment with panoramic balcony, for 3 people. Unique atmosphere.