We are not going to lie, we know why people visit Las Vegas: Casinos, excesses, parties, clubs or discos, striptease shows, etc. But this city offers much more and therefore, in this article we are going to share some of the most known and entertaining activities in Las Vegas. There are the typical ones, which include visiting casinos, but we will also go further and show alternatives with which you can enjoy your stay even more.
Are you ready? Here we leave you the most complete guide of things to see and do in Las Vegas. If this is the first time you travel to Las Vegas, we recommend that you spend at least two nights visiting the city.
1. Ride the Las Vegas Strip
If it is your first time in the City of Sin, the first thing you have to do is tour the Strip or, what is the same, its main route. Las Vegas Boulevard is the avenue that runs through the heart of the city, where the main casinos are located.
It is here that you will find some of the best known hotels such as The Venetian, Hotel Luxor, New York-New York, Paris, or the Stratosphere. The initial recommendation is that you take a tour of the main road. It is long, so wear comfortable shoes.
Enjoy the exact replica of the Eiffel Tower, the Piazza di San Marco, or the New York skyline in just a few steps. Las Vegas is the only city in the United States where it is allowed to consume alcohol on the street, so if you want, take the opportunity to have a drink while enjoying the views.
2. Visit free Hotels
Why stare outside the hotels when you can enter inside?
Even if you are not staying at these sites, its doors are open to the public. Not only because they want you to spend money on their casinos, but also, some have very nice interiors.
The interiors of:
- The Venetian: Following a theme of the city of Venice. The interior, in addition to restaurants and shops, also includes a canal and gondoliers.
- Paris: Perhaps by name and the Eiffel Tower replica, this is one of the most famous hotels in Las Vegas. Its interior also follows a typical Parisian decoration and even has another imitation of the Arc de Triomphe and the train station.
- Circus: Although it is further from the Strip (near the Stratosphere), the Circus Circus hotel is ideal if you are traveling as a family as it follows the circus theme.
- The Luxor: Pyramid-shaped, this hotel follows an Egyptian theme.
- New York New York: As the name implies, it has a small skyline even with the Statue of Liberty at scale, and a Brooklyn bridge.
- Excalibur: If you like the medieval theme, visit the interior of this hotel to go back to the middle Ages.
- Caesar’s Palace: It was the first hotel they built with these characteristics and that follows a Roman theme.
- Stratosphere: It is at the end of the Strip on Las Vegas Boulevard, and although it is out of order, it is worth going up to its tower and seeing the city from up there. It has the most famous attraction in Las Vegas, along with the ferris wheel we have talked about.
3. Go to a Musical Concert
If you like music, some of the best known artists often have permanent residences there. They sign contracts between months and even years, like Céline Dion, and act several times a week. If you are going to make a route through the United States and there is an artist that you like, see if at that time you are in Las Vegas. The good thing about these shows in Las Vegas is that, having a permanent residence, they set the stage very carefully and the acoustics are impressive. Nothing to do with the tours.
There are musical performances for all tastes: from Gwen Stefani or Jennifer Lopez, to classics like Elton John or Rod Stewart. If you like EDM music, DJs like Calvin Harris or Tiesto also usually come here quite frequently.
4. Magic, Humor or Circus Show
But if you don’t want to go to a concert, another thing to do in Las Vegas is to attend one of their shows. And believe me, there are many and for all tastes too. If you like magic, the illusionist David Copperfield has a permanent residence at the MGM hotel and casino. There are also other magicians and illusionists who act in other hotels.
If you like the circus, the well-known Canadian company of Cirque Du Soleil has a half dozen permanent shows. There is one dedicated to the memory of Michael Jackson, another called Love in honor of The Beatles and even an erotic one known as Zumanity. They are there to go with family or with your partner. There are also several ventriloquist shows, humor and comedy, impersonators … This link shows all the shows you can see.
5. View Las Vegas from Above
Imagine being able to see Las Vegas from a different point of view. It is possible thanks to a hotel and a ferris wheel, of recent construction. The Stratosphere hotel, located at the end of the Strip (Las Vegas Blvd) allows you to climb to the top floor to see the city from up there.
Las Vegas also has the tallest Ferris wheel in the world. It is of recent construction and from there you can see the city from another point of view. It is located next to the Bally’s Hotel and although we have never climbed it because it is new, it seems an interesting alternative.